NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First test with new ED80 scope

bigal1

Hi all i managed to get out for 30 minutes inbetween the clouds on boxing day night and test out my new ED80 which i treated myself to , i'm quite happy with the results especially as the conditions were not the best and i had no tracking running on the mount plus the scope had only cooled for about 10 minutes . The final image is a mosaic of 2 seperate ones and a slight tweak in photoshop , equipment used was a Skywatcher ED80 , 2x barlow and a canon 1000d .

Regards Alan

post-6177-0-00904200-1356570936_thumb.jp

Great first light with a great bit of glass ,

Would highly recommend stacking more frames , there's a good thread here from earlier today , or rather yesterday . . . :p . . . http://stargazerslou...ing-canon-dslr/

I shan't offer up any more suggestions as James and Roger have it covered pretty well . . .

I'd just say that it's a good idea to look at getting the dedicated Skywatcher FieldFlattener to go with the scope , not cheap but will transform it for Deepsky stuff .

http://www.opticalvi...tor_evostar80ed

Steve.

Thanks for the comments spurs me on for the next session , normally i do stack my dslr images of the moon but as this was just a 10 minute gap in the clouds i didn't really have time for any more but next session if i get enough time i'll try going for a hundred or so images and stack :)

Regards Alan

Nice one! Haven't turned my ED80 at the moon yet, starting out with the field flattener and DSO's, but maybe I will get out there when the moon is up having seen that. Would be a lot quicker than doing mosaics with my SCT for sure, stacking and processing a dozen panels and then joining them takes a lot of time.

Keep up the good work.

Very nice image, Alan!!! Did you do any edit to the halo caused by the refractor? Or is it such a good scope that it's not even visible?

Hi Josh the image you see regarding any halo is as it was straight out of the camera , the glass seems to be very good in the scope :)

• 4 months later...

Archived