NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Ultima 2x Barlow.

I bought this Barlow when I got my original scope as it was regarded as a good piece of kit. Just been looking on the FLO website and I see that it has been discontinued. Obviously it doesn't matter now since I own it. Was just intrigued why they have discontinued it if anyone knows.

Hi,

this is a bit incidental. When hunting around for a Barlow - I opted for a 2x TAL just when they became unavailable - he who hesitates is lost! I looked at a 2x Shorty and was unimpressed by the build quality - felt really light. I opted for the Revelation (GSO?) 2.5 Barlow on the strength of one review I trawled up and though I'm not overqualified to pass any definitive judgement - it seems brilliant to me. Maybe 2.5 isn't a popular factor but I think this Barlow diserves a good press!

this is a bit incidental. When hunting around for a Barlow - I opted for a 2x TAL just when they became unavailable - he who hesitates is lost! I looked at a 2x Shorty and was unimpressed by the build quality - felt really light. I opted for the Revelation (GSO?) 2.5 Barlow on the strength of one review I trawled up and though I'm not overqualified to pass any definitive judgement - it seems brilliant to me. Maybe 2.5 isn't a popular factor but I think this Barlow diserves a good press!

I share this opinion, as do a few others. Unless you specifically want a 2x factor barlow (in which case the Ultima and Orion Shorty wouldn't fit the bill either) I think it's well worth considering.

James

Archived