Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bino Viewers

Mr Fiery Jack

If you use higher power EPs in the BV the floaters will still appear alas. Of course there's floaters and floaters :) and for mag, the <10mm EPs will probably be too much and show them up.

However, they are ameliorated enough for normal power/magnification to be a better experience as both eyes are relaxed enough to concentrate on the object.

I'm sure there's an optical/anatomical reason that with higher mag EPs they will be emphasised but the other question is - what about your left eye?

I know I have a dominant eye but I can see myself going BVing from now on because it's just so more comfortable.

Probably easier to train yourself to use your other eye. I am left eye dominant but had blurring issues with it so trained myself to use my right which to begin with was very very uncomfortable. Now my blurring issues have resolved themselves I can now happily switch between the both of them, they are both equally comfortable now.

OK, I'll give em a miss. Funny I don't seem to have anything like the same issue with the dob.

the floaters become more apparent with smaller exit pupils hence they get worse with higher mags or a slower focal ratio at the same mag. this is why your dob is not as bad as your frac at say 150x. the exit pupil with your dob (assuming it's f5) would be 1.6mm and with your frac (assuming it's f9) 0.7mm.

I'd say give someone else's a try if you can, they are great for some people and you won't know how much of a difference they make unless you do. I get floaters in one eye and the binos seem to help. They are really comfortable as well for me but not for everyone.

I started out with a 100mm Binocular Telescope and the thought of using just one eye seems as ridiculous as hopping around on one foot.

One great advantage is you become more relaxed, you can observe an object for much longer, you gradually see more detail and you have more chance of catching those moments when the seeing is especially steady.

I use Binoviewers now and can recommend it but it can get expensive quickly.

The WO of the Baader Maxbright are the places to start. You'll get your money back if you don't get on with it.

I see my floaters with mono viewing on the Moon but through my Binoviewers they vanished .

The WO set is good value to start with. Maxbrights are probably better but will cost a fair bit more.

I now have Baader MK IV which are better than the WO.

I have wafty eyes and get on with them ok

Archived