NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new setup :-)

Skywatcher Explorer 150P EQ-3 PRO GOTO,

Filled upp the tripod legs with sand, alot more stable now :-)

Just got my skywatcher 80T to use as guide scope and attached my modified hp-hd 4110 webcam to it, will try to guide with it ( first try)

Got a Philips ToUCam Pro webcam attatched to the finderscope and a modified canon eos 1000D, and i put on a SkyWatcher Auto Focuser and its pretty good, you dont have to tuch the focuser :-)

Now i am all set and sitting here waiting for it to stop snowing :-(

I want to try it NOW !!!

post-26618-135482170602_thumb.jpg

post-26618-135482174141_thumb.jpg

post-26618-135482176913_thumb.jpg

post-26618-135482179575_thumb.jpg

post-26618-135482180666_thumb.jpg

Nice set up , it will perform very well . On the filling of the legs I have done the same thing with the GSO/Astrotec Voyager alt/az under my little Takahashi and yes it makes a huge differance in stability for sure ! .

One more thing I put a cap of silicon rubber ( from a tube ) about 1 inch thick on top of the sand in the legs so there is no chance of any of it escaping during transport and set up .

Brian.

It'll be good to see your results (when the weather clears) - I have the same scope. I got around the wobbly legs issue by swapping the mount for the Celestron CGE-5 which has much heavier tubular steel legs - If I filled them with sand, I may well put my back out moving the thing. :shocked:

Another way to avoid wobbly legs is to drink less wine or beer before viewing sessions

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe to heavy i dunno, i havent tryed it yet :-( .

But i ordered a 9x50 skywatcher findscope to, so i can change and use like the just the 150 tube or just the 80 tube or 80 tube plus extra piggyback camera to :-)

I have a similar setup with a 200p and heq5 and I'm fairly certain I'm under mounted but have managed 3.5 min subs guided with no trailing so give it a go and see what happens

Just stick to calm nights for imaging though

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived