Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebular my first attempted...

Andy P

Hi all

I've just captured my first ever photo of the Orion Nebular.! Well part of it anyway, not sure what part but I have a bit... I'm so happy I've captured it.

I managed 8 x 240 mins at ISO1600 before I had to pack for night. If I had know the 8 that I got would have turned out the way they did I would have let it run longer... Oh we'll there's always a next time.

e8ytu5aq.jpg

Thanks for any comments... Good or bad..

Thanks all..

I have stacked them but I didn't do any basis, darks etc... These where just light frames. As mention I think I will try again and do a mix of short frames too, with darks etc.

The guiding was spot on last night for some reason.? Did the same as I do always but last night just seemed perfect. I need to get a dew shield for both scope and guider for longer nights.

I'm so impressed with myself to get this picture as I thought it was going to be a real hard target. Nice to get your teeth into something eh.? Look forward to more..

Yes, I prefer the original too. There are a lot of techniques to learn in image processing. How to retain the highlights without getting them blown out, for instance. You've made a good start but great images take time and a lot of patience to get to grips with all the facilities in image processing software such as Photoshop. Good luck - it's a steep learning curve but enjoyable and rewarding as you gradually improve with your images :)

Thanks Gina

I'm looking around for imagine processing technics with photoshop so if you or anyone can point me in the right direct that would be great.! Thanks again.

There are links to tutorials on here by Quatermas and others and there are plenty on YouTube try Googling :)

Archived