Anywhere clear tonight?

Tom2012

Forecast was for clear sky here, but yet again practice fails to accord with theory...

There seems to be a strange stationary finger of cloud running down from Iceland to north Scotland, over Wales and Ireland and then down into Portugal that is preventing clear sky over the Atlantic from travelling our way.

James

It turned out clear here, too, just not at the time the forecast said it would. Just got in after a couple of hours imaging, kit also covered in frost. I was very surprised at how still the air was. I saw one aircraft fly over to the north leaving a contrail and more than five minutes later another flew over perfectly over the top of the first contrail. Not at all impressed with how they mucked up the air stability when they passed in front of Jupiter though...

Anyhow, I have a load of imaging data in the bag. Just warming up a little before calling it a night. I'd like to stay out longer but I was supposed to be finishing some work for 9am tomorrow. No chance of that happening when there's a clear sky. I'll have to catch up with it before work starts tomorrow morning now :(

James

It turned out clear here, too, just not at the time the forecast said it would. Just got in after a couple of hours imaging, kit also covered in frost. I was very surprised at how still the air was. I saw one aircraft fly over to the north leaving a contrail and more than five minutes later another flew over perfectly over the top of the first contrail. Not at all impressed with how they mucked up the air stability when they passed in front of Jupiter though...

Anyhow, I have a load of imaging data in the bag. Just warming up a little before calling it a night. I'd like to stay out longer but I was supposed to be finishing some work for 9am tomorrow. No chance of that happening when there's a clear sky. I'll have to catch up with it before work starts tomorrow morning now :(

James

Sounds like you had a half decent night mate! Are you going to upload your images? I love seeing others images, especially Jupiter. Because I've seen it too I like to think I can relate to what people are talking about! Haha

Was completely cloudy here. Got 'scope out just invade and left it for a few hours but clouds just got progressively worse!

If work is fairly quiet I'll try to get some processing done. Still haven't finished all of them from the Ganymede transit and I know I have some of the Europa transit from last night. I do have a lunar image processed which I'll post shortly.

James

Lots of broken cloud here. I almost had a major sense of humour failure when I nipped out to get a lunar image and the sky went completely dark for about half an hour, but I got there in the end.

James

Archived