Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 28/11 Ganymede transit

long_arms

Got lots and lots of captures last night so a better one may show up, however here is an image of Jupiter with moons from last night.

Taken with skywatcher 200p and the stock barlow.

In the second exposure with no barlow I overexposed the moons but apart from that I am very happy.

My images are beginning to improve, I would love to get more magnification though! I'll ask for a barlow from Santa ;)

Dan

post-26081-0-70807100-1354197343_thumb.p

Got lots and lots of captures last night so a better one may show up, however here is an image of Jupiter with moons from last night.

Taken with skywatcher 200p and the stock barlow.

In the second exposure with no barlow I overexposed the moons but apart from that I am very happy.

My images are beginning to improve, I would love to get more magnification though! I'll ask for a barlow from Santa ;)

Dan

Excellent picture! What EP did you use? Also, what camera have you used?

You must've taken that after I'd seen the San transit. When I saw it, the GRS was just off centre and Ganymede was just on the edge. Wonderful sight!

Excellent picture! What EP did you use? Also, what camera have you used?

You must've taken that after I'd seen the San transit. When I saw it, the GRS was just off centre and Ganymede was just on the edge. Wonderful sight!

Thanks!

I used a Point Grey Firefly mv monochrome camera. No eyepiece, just slipped the camera straight into the 2x barlow.

For the moons I had the camera at prime focus with no barlow.

Then processed with PIPP and Registax and combined the 2 images using GIMP.

I haven't gotten a direct picture of the GRS yet!

Transit of Europa later I believe, so going to try and get that also.

Dan

Thanks!

I used a Point Grey Firefly mv monochrome camera. No eyepiece, just slipped the camera straight into the 2x barlow.

For the moons I had the camera at prime focus with no barlow.

Then processed with PIPP and Registax and combined the 2 images using GIMP.

I haven't gotten a direct picture of the GRS yet!

Transit of Europa later I believe, so going to try and get that also.

Dan

That's a brilliant idea! If there's a break in the clouds I'm going to try the moon!

If you manage that, post it! Be good too see.

Thanks for your help mate.

Tom.

Archived