Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging source astro cameras

cheeseontoast

I love astrophotography, but my dear old Phillips spc900nc doesn't give me a very good deal. i was looking into the cameras supplied by the imaging source. specifically the monochrome CMOS ones. does anyone have any experiences with these? i can't find any reviews.

thank you all

tom :)

Hello Tom, sorry ive not had any use of a CMOS version from IS but i have just bought a DMK21AU618 MONO from FLO, the quality is brilliant in performance & build quality & FLO's after sales help is fantastic as they replaced the first one i recieved as it had a few dead pixels.

Why are you looking at CMOS in particular ? if it's the cost it may be worth while saving a little bit more & getting a CCD one though, mono will require filters & filter wheel as well unless you already have them items.

I'm no expert as i've not long got into it myself & as of yet i'm still waiting for 1st light to use the DMK :-(, good luck though with your choice which ever you go for.

Hi,iv got the QHY IMG 132E camera.

This uses a 1/3 sony chip.This is A COMOS

based camera.Got this from Modern Astronomy.

This is colour, not B/W.Got some good results

from this.The review for this is on U/Tube.

Astronomy Shed was the one who done it.

Hope this might help.

Steve.

Hi Mike, im of the same mind as Freddie, he has done quite a bit with it as Neil has too, sadly because of the weather (& working 6-7 days a week for now) no astro time available to me at the moment to use the DMK but i am looking forward to an xmas break & maybe ill get some imaging time then.

Archived