Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Amazing wow moment with my new 'scope

ian_j_kirk

Finally had a clear night here in Tamworth so i thought i would have a quick look with the 8" dob i got a couple of weeks ago. Jupiter was the first target i picked to look at, and having just had my first go at collimation, wondered what kind of view i would get. I was amazed, as not only did i see several of the dark bands across the planet, but i also saw the shadow of ganymede passing over the disc of the planet. I still have the massive ridiculous grin on my face now!

To top it off, i managed to see Vallis Alpes (i think) on the moon, split the gorgeous albireo with its blue and golden stars, and also the pleiades looked amazing. Absolutely worth he wait for the clear skies!

Ian

well done as we say things are looking up [or we should start saying it, it could become a catchphrase :grin: ] jupiter is nice as is the pleides and then you have the nebula's etc , albeiro is a strange one for me as in the dob i only see 2 stars of different brightness but in the frac i see the blue and gold stars .

Archived