Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope rings for ST-80: 100 or 125mm ???

kirkster501

Hi, thanks. It is for a guidscope. I have to pack up after every use and put scopes back into cases so need to be be able to move guide scope off the imaging scope easily. So I am thinking of using adm rings on a mds type bar screwed onto the ed80 with detachable scope rings. I reckon I can make this work. I just needed to be sure about the sizes of rings.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be workable,

I've got my ST80 in the 125mm ADM rings with Vixen clamps, then a Vixen dovetail bar, upside down screwed to the top of my ED100 Rings. Drop the ST80/ADM ring combo on top of the ED100, lock the 2 clamps and done! Haven't had chance to actually try it all out yet, in actual guiding conditions, but the basic assembly/dis-assembly works fine.

As soon as I get my guide cam working on my lappy and get a clear night, I can give it all a proper try out!

All the best

Rick

Tinker, where you get those plastic screw things? I only got one on my ed80.... Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One came with the main scope and the 2nd with the ST-80, well that's where i think they come from, there M4 thread i do believe, so a couple of wing nuts would do the job.......these would do...... http://www.a2a4.com/acatalog/A2A4_WING_NUTS_A2_199.html

One came with the main scope and the 2nd with the ST-80, well that's where i think they come from, there M4 thread i do believe, so a couple of wing nuts would do the job.......these would do...... http://www.a2a4.com/...UTS_A2_199.html

Great stuff and thank for the link to the Wing Nuts.

I am getting cold feet about the scope rings idea. I feel a more "hard" connection woudl be preferable for guiding, as some have suggested here....

So i am thinking of doing what most folks do and permanently mounting the ST80 onto a Vixen bar and drilling that vixen bar so it can then mount on top of the ED80 with the wingnuts you refer to Tinker. In my case the whole Vixen and ST80 assembly needs to come off the top of the ED80 after the session, hence my interest in those plastic washer things....

Great stuff and thank for the link to the Wing Nuts.

I am getting cold feet about the scope rings idea. I feel a more "hard" connection woudl be preferable for guiding, as some have suggested here....

So i am thinking of doing what most folks do and permanently mounting the ST80 onto a Vixen bar and drilling that vixen bar so it can then mount on top of the ED80 with the wingnuts you refer to Tinker. In my case the whole Vixen and ST80 assembly needs to come off the top of the ED80 after the session, hence my interest in those plastic washer things....

Scope and Skys "AstoBoot" probably have them, but the web site is down, you could try phoning them ...... http://www.scopesnskies.com/

Archived