Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White light Sun, 18th November

JamesF

Somewhat incredibly today was my first decent opportunity for solar imaging in almost five weeks :( There was a little high haze, but nothing I was going to let bother me after such a long wait. Took 120 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100 and stacked 61. As they say in Bristol, yer 'tiz:

sun-2012-11-18-small.png

James

It has been getting a bit depressing, Steve. We've had runs of three or four days of 100% cloud day and night. Not good at all, but really nice to get back out there doing something today.

I'm having serious thoughts about changing my obsy design again so the warm room can be used as an office, allowing me to sit and work and do a bit of daytime imaging too :)

James

You'd have to have really bad skies to want to share mine I think. I'm probably averaging fewer than two nights a month over the last six months. It's not been good. Lunar and solar imaging isn't so bad as given a clear break I can get enough data in ten minutes excluding setup time, but even that's been fairly rare :(

James

Archived