Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Typical

bomberbaz

I had to work later today and as evening turned to night I saw stars, whohooo I thought, get home and get my scope out, (this would have been my maiden outing btw). Which I duly did to cool off.

40 mins after that, the clouds pulled in and iys gonna stay that way... ah well, at least it got the taste of some fresh air :sad:

Well, I don't want to comment on all the cloudy nights in the U.K. but if you HAVE to observe that badly and the clouds are hindering you, check out this site that has observers all over the world broadcasting live telescope views 24/7. Daytime there? No problem - there are observers on the dark side of the Earth broadcasting. No need to sign up (unless you plan to broadcast) - just click on "guest" and (if anyone is broadcasting) POOF, no more clouds :rolleyes:

NIGHT SKIES NETWORK

in this country i just ignore cool down time as it often ends with scope at ambient under cloudy sky, i now just grab the scope's and set up and view what i can, wether its affected by thermals in the tube or not. better to have a chance of viewing something than waiting for 30-40 mins to get the scope to optimum temp .

Archived