NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starscape + thunderstorm

I went out with another member of the forum last night in spite of the moon and visited our Essex dark site. Whilst there I kept seeing flashes in the sky, however these were not fireworks as they were coming from the direction of the North Sea - we finally realised there was a thunderstorm going on many many miles away from us and we could see the lighting exploding in the clouds - so I set up my spare DSLR on a tripod and hoped I could catch some of it in a long exposure. You can see from this image I did manage to capture it along with some celestial favourites! I have embellished some of the stars for artistic reasons which should annoy the purists but I approach my astrophotography the same way I approach my nature photography - I love eyecandy!

Includes: Moon, Jupiter, Orion, Taurus, Lightening illuminated cloud & Hyades cluster.

Enjoy!

post-10509-0-31144000-1352045698_thumb.j

Archived