Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first M31

Martin-Devon

I usually steer clear of galaxies & LRGB, but over the last few weeks I've been slowly and painfully gathering data to pull together my first M31 image. Not much data really, just 9 x 10 min of Lum, plus 4 x 10 min each of RGB, then an additional 9 x 10 min of H-alpha which was blended into the Red channel. This is nowhere in the same league as what Olly & some others have posted, but it is my first M31 and gives me a reference on which to base improvements in the future when I have another pop at this target hopefully with more/better data & also better processing skills.

Thanks for looking though,

Martin

8153489182_8dc6d613b1_z.jpg

Yup, I can agree on the HA comments. This is the first time I've ever blended in HA data into the Red channel, and I was delighted at how it added a zingy boost to the arms in the galaxy. These HA zingy bits also respond well to selective colour tweaks, so there's a lot you can do with this extra data!

Archived