Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'd like to have a look thru this !!

beamish

I was looking through the list of links /vendors for Kielder, noticed that Cape Instruments will be there, also Astroparts and it was on their site I found this monster CapeNewise 20". He has made up a 1 metre version too. Can you imagine !! JV eat your heart out !! Doubt either of us will have the chance.

1557_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Karlo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could fit two of him in there!

Anthony

:D You could just about fit 2 of me in there ! :D Okay that might be stretching it abit ! This was recently put in place at Notts University, lucky b***ers !! :lol:

CW- I like the idea of the human canonball- does anyone still do that? :cry: :cry:

S5- would that be a Russian female weightlifter ?? :D:lol:-ooh wait lets not revisit that topic. :)

Karlo

As I've mentioned before, I had several hours of observing through a 41" truss Dob at Grand Canyon a number of years ago. While the scope in question wasn't in great collimation, the view of M51 looked very much like the cover of Burnhams Celestial Handbook, Vol. 1. The fun part was the friendly competition between Mike's 41" and Dennis' 28".

The views through these beasts simply cannot be described.

As I've mentioned before, I had several hours of observing through a 41" truss ...........The fun part was the friendly competition between Mike's 41" and Dennis' 28".

:lol::D :D :D:lol:............ My sides really ache..........I can't take any more!............I'm going to bed.

:):cry: :cry: :Envy:

CW

Karlo.....what have you started????

That cape is fantastic (I would love a Cape Newise), and just about manageable, but the two links Carol posted are just bonkers!!!!!!

These guys must be single, can you imagine how tolerant your partner would have to be if you owned one of those.

Mrs JV frowns when I break out the WO66, she groans when I load up the SW200, can you imagine her face if I said "I'm just setting up the leviathan dear."

:shock:

Mrs JV frowns when I break out the WO66, she groans when I load up the SW200, can you imagine her face if I said "I'm just setting up the leviathan dear."

:laughing3:

Don't miss the follow up report from our Welsh Correspondent JV (aka) Iver Biggun.

CW

These guys must be single, can you imagine how tolerant your partner would have to be if you owned one of those.

:laughing3::lol::D :D :D:lol::):cry: :cry: :Envy: eh hum I'd be quite pleased if i could get my missus to groan :Envy: Sorry dear, yes dear !! Bye ! :Envy:.................................only kidding, HONEST.

Karlo

I went there the other week Gaz, the unit is about 8 miles from my house. It was really busy so I felt a bit bad about asking for a tour!!!!

They said to pop back again, which I will, and I will name drop Karlo too.

JV

I shall be watching you JV. Optropreneurs, as we know it, is one of my remote surveillance sites when I'm on duty so don't try walking off with the odd scope or two consealed about your person. I shall have to turn you in you know. :lol:

The 8 incher that was on view in the foyer window has I think been moved to a safer position.....They must have known you were intending to pay a visit! :D

CW

Archived