Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new 12" lightbridge just arrived

Demo johnny

20 mins to unpack an build up.

collimated in 10mins

never got the red dot finder setup as dark out and nothing is high enough for me to align to in the dark.

moon was amazing through it for 20mins but clouds have rolled in so need to wait till they roll out again.

A very happy bunny with my new toy.

I pointed it at no target just dark sky and the eyepiece was full of stars :grin:

Can't wait to give this thing a real work out.

Next thing is some mod's will be printing out a setting circles for it.

The scope now ships with a light cover and meade have added knobs to the primary mirror. Secondary mirror is still philips screws but will swap these out.

Congratulations on your new scope !

I had a Lightbridge 12" a while back and had a lot of fun with it :smiley:

Aligning the finder is very important but can be a little tricky with the supplied one as it's on a plastic stalk (or at least mine was). The finder itself is good but the stalk can be a bit annoying.

If it comes with a light shroud / cover thats great as I found my scope really needed one but I had to buy it separately.

Congratulations on your new scope !

I had a Lightbridge 12" a while back and had a lot of fun with it :smiley:

Aligning the finder is very important but can be a little tricky with the supplied one as it's on a plastic stalk (or at least mine was). The finder itself is good but the stalk can be a bit annoying.

If it comes with a light shroud / cover thats great as I found my scope really needed one but I had to buy it separately.

Yep the red dot finder as could be described as starting with P and ending with isn. Telrad will be ordered at the end of the month.

Congratulations on a great scope. One member of the group I observe with has the very same scope and has certainly provided me with some great views.

Wishing you clear skies soon so you can put it through its paces.

James

Enjoy your new scope! I installed setting circles on mine and they're great! I've also made several mods to the scope and stock base.

Currently I'm building a new hardwood ply base with oversized 24" alt bearings for it.

Hi Demo Johnny,

I have the 16" lightbridge and I am waiting for a decent clear night to try it out.

Question: Where did you get your custom printed setting circle from ? I am asking because this is a mod that I had thought of doing to my base at some point.

Thanks, Patrick :smiley:

Hi I am a signmaker so printed it myself and cut it out on my vinyl plotter. I would be happy to produce 1 for you £28 i have it on ebay. Just need to know the diameter and whether it is clockwise or anti clockwise which is dependent if you mont on the top or bottom of the base. Top is anti clock which is how i have done mine - so no cutting or drilling I have a piece of bent plastic - heat with heat gun and bend to shape which has a guide line and magnet on it, there is a metal plate on the underside of the base so I can move the alignment point. Last night was first night using properly aligned and my wixey calibrated. It was unbelievable how quick to move the scope and locate you need a wide ep but I was just off centre most times.

16" will be awesome as with the 12" orion nebula blew me away the nebulosity and detail floored me so the 16" will be a real beast.

Cheers

Archived