NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When the heart's just not in it.....

Noseypixie

It's been a beautiful clear day today, and I've been looking forward to a session with the telescope for most of it, but when I finally got out there, I just couldn't be bothered. Everything I tried to find was either obscured by something; clouds, a house, a hedge, next door's security light. I looked for my motivation on highest magnification, and even that was obscured by a heavy cloud of indifference. Does anybody else have night's like this. End of report.

totally agree with the do it because you enjoy it sentiment. most of us have nights where it's a fag to get the scope out, especially those (unfortunately all too common ones) described. your experience sounds quite typical of my experience here in Stockport of late.

Yeah, i think we all feel like that. I kinda liken it to going to the gym. There are days when i cant be bothered to work out, but actually feeling better and have a better session if i force myself to go. If i think, right, skies are clear, im going out whether i like it or not, i find it refreshing and enjoy it once i am out there.

I can remember one night ages ago, got the car loaded, drove to my site, got out of the car and looked at a super clear sky, scanned for a few minutes with the binos,

and I guess I just wasnt in the mood, I didnt take any gear out of the car, I just drove home.

so it happens, id say to all of us or surely most of us,

go home and have a cupa tea and a jaffa cake, and hop into a warm bed, ther be other nights :coffee2:

Archived