Bode's.

cotterless45

Just returned from the dark sky of PSP2012. We took the opportunity to observe Bode's M81 and M82 in Ursa major,with the bear standing on his tail in the early hours.

The seeing was really clear and at x80 in the Lightbridge, the edge on and face on pair showed granulation, signs of dust lanes and some structure. It was unusual to see both so bright and clear.

Later in the morning Leo was high enough for a view of the galaxy triplet.

We had great fun showing NGC7789 ( Caroline's rose) and NGC2169 (The 37 cluster) to many who had not seen them before,nice,

Nick.

Bodes was my first galaxies that I viewed but I only looked at the pair at low power through my 8", stunning view seeing them together like that but Ive never increased the mag to look at each one individually.

Been reading about them recently and cant wait to see just how much detail each one will show with more aperture!

Bodes was my first galaxies that I viewed but I only looked at the pair at low power through my 8", stunning view seeing them together like that but Ive never increased the mag to look at each one individually.

Been reading about them recently and cant wait to see just how much detail each one will show with more aperture!

...when's it landing mike?,details,details...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived