Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

On the search for new sites...

Simms

Hi all, recently joined the forum and I live near Chelmsford. The view from my back garden isn't too bad to the South and East as I look out over fields towards Danbury. But West is a waste of time due to lp, A12 and buildings. North is ok as long as I'm not looking for anything near the horizon. So, my question is - where are the good spots within a reasonable drive from Chelmsford? And where do you find that light pollution map thing? OK - two questions...

Should be going along to meet the NEAS guys tonight if any of them are on here.

Alan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey all - hows your site near wormingford dave.... will they bring you hot choc and marshmallows from the farmhouse like mine will :D ?

what a STUNNING day today ! im gonna grab the cam and get out in my garden today and try to run some more star trails like my 1 from last week

def get that kettle matey haha

ill let you all know from sunday what the crack is as thats when the farm land owner is coming over

fingers crossed ! also i dont know what the LP is like near southend but another chum reckons that they have a huge lightless field - i have asked him to define "lightless" as i dont really believe it can be as dark as any other site we have been to !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived