Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Diagonals! whats the difference

space3

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/william-optics-2-dielectric-diagonal-with-sct-adaptor.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/william-optics-2-quartz-dielectric-diagonal.html

Im thinking of buying a new diagonal for my SCT for 1.25 and 2" EPs,

but why the huge price difference, what will I get from the more expensive one, is the price worth it?

what do you think?

cheers

It's the quartz I guess - First Light explain the benefits in the item description.

I have a 2" Revelation Quartz diagonal which costs around £100 new I recall. I can't tell any difference between that and the views that my Tele Vue Everbright diagonal gives. The Tele Vue one costs a bit more than the William Optics Quartz one does !.

I bought both used by the way.

....I have a 2" Revelation Quartz diagonal which costs around £100 new I recall. I can't tell any difference between that and the views that my Tele Vue Everbright diagonal gives.....

Actually I ought to qualify that. Optically I can't tell any difference. Mechanically the Tele Vue is machined from a single block of CNC alloy and is very, very sturdy and beautifully finished. The Revelation is very nicely finished for it's cost but the TV is better in that respect.

thanks, the Revelation one is a thought, its just hard for me to imagine their being much difference in those two I posted, for the price difference

For the price of the Revelation <click here>, you get both Quartz and Dialectric.

I own that diagonal and think it's stunning.

It's made the diagonal one thing to permanently cross off my "upgrade" list - because it's perfect - so solid and robust.

- and yes, it was a big optical improvement over my previous diagonal.

rgds,

Jeremy.

Archived