Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 13th October and some crazy paving

astroman001

Hi all,

It's been a while, but I took my first image of Jupiter of the season last Saturday. The seeing was poor with rippling, some detail visible at times though.

The colour image is processed in AS2! and Regi 6. However, when I tried to drizzle 1.5x in AS2 I got crazy paving when sharpening with wavelets in Regi 6, see B&W Red channel.

Any ideas, it was not visible in either the AS2 without drizzle or in an image processed entirely in Registax 6.

?????????

regards

Peter

post-3874-0-04815900-1350416859_thumb.jp

post-3874-0-41496200-1350417029_thumb.jp

I get the crazy Paving too sometimes Peter, it just seems to come and go randomly on different images. i tried different box sizes. try that peter. start at 50, and work your way up. and see if it has any effect. it may it may not. The colour images Looks fine for the seeing you had. I know what you will produce when the seeing goes your way. Can see detail in the Red spot

Archived