Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun 3 October 2012 white light

Bizibilder

Here's where I mean:

post-10871-0-55411500-1349289673_thumb.j

There's a sort of twisted smudge that's very similar in shape in both circles and really doesn't look like it belongs. I don't think you use AS!2, but I've seen it do that sort of thing a fair bit with my images :(

James

Nice captures again. I am not sure I understand what differences James is talking about.

It's very odd, certainly. They leapt out of the second image at me, but I can't for the life of me see them in the first.

James

The Sun was so low and about to drop below the neighbours fence (I was already imaging through the Buddliea!!!) that I didn't bother taking flats - hence the dust bunnies. I zapped them with the spot healing brush on the plain image!

Actually I goofed on the processing - I put all the text etc and saved the annotated image - Then realised that I'd not saved the "plain one" so I went back through the History on PS and got back to the unadorned image I needed. Then zapped the dust bunnies!. What is amazing is that I got found out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

He's certainly getting trickier to capture , I've never paid that much attention to his path across the sky before this year , amazing how quick he drops lower day by day.

And it's only October !

Just started to sort an elevated (12') pier to give myself a fighting chance through the winter campaign.

Steve

Just a 4"x4" post anchored to the patio at the base and positioned just far enough off the wall to allow the scope to swing ,

Braced at high level to the wall and situated so that I can pop the scope onto the mount out of the bedroom window , should give me a shot right through the cold dark times.

Will sort some pics when it's done , just making the part to take the mount head.

Steve

Archived