Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Synscan or SynTrek

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoy using the simple syntrek set up for observing. I use a PC for astrophotography, but the simple syntrek controller gives hassle free, easy use and quick set-up.

If you asked me which I would buy, I would forget synscan and go for syntrek? I can hook u a pc for goto!

Oh I got me a lovely second hand HEQ5 Syntrek to mount the TAL-100RS (and future purchases.......)

Still to collect in the UK on my next visit there in little over a fortnight.

Really looking forward to playing around with computer linking and eventually GOTO'ing when I get the Synscan controller.

Oh, and the badge doesn't have "PRO" on it :lol:

Tony

Thanks for the heads-up!

I decided to go for the HEQ5 because I might want to put a bit more weight on it in the future! I understand that the celestron there is the equivalent of the EQ5 pro.

I would recommend using the syntrek version with the laptop and eqmod, it gives you far much more functions and keeps the cost down, you could always look into reflashing your handset if its v3 to EQ and should work. I know people who went for the pro version and have had their handset in a drawer since they bought it.

I would recommend using the syntrek version with the laptop and eqmod, it gives you far much more functions and keeps the cost down, you could always look into reflashing your handset if its v3 to EQ and should work. I know people who went for the pro version and have had their handset in a drawer since they bought it.

I went for the syntrek version :smiley:

Hi Steve,

Is the mod this one from RVO?

Wondering if anyone has first-hand experience of it.

All the best

Tony

Archived