Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Compact ROR observatory

JAS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just as well the roof rolls off, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get into it, all these positive comments could go to my head!!!!! So the wife tells me:rolleyes:

Its good to inspire people and share ideas, thats exactly how I ended up building mine and why I joined the forum in the first place.

Thanks Jason.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I couldn't of done it for that price if it wasn't for a understanding boss, if I had to buy the galvanized sheets they would have cost me another £150 on top. I was just Lucky the offcuts were there, my boss did squeeze some unpaid overtime out of me in return tho!

Jason.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jason, thanks for the plans, that a fantastic build, and especially nice to be able to get a lot of your building materials free. Out of interest what are the dimensions of your obs ? One thing i have to say is that it looks like a very professional build. You should consider making obs kits and selling them, as i imagine they would be very popular.

I think if someone designed a cost effective pre-fabricated ROR observatory, where all the parts have been precision cut and easily bolt together, then they would be onto a winner.

You up to the task jason......lol.

Hi Jason, thanks for the plans, that a fantastic build, and especially nice to be able to get a lot of your building materials free. Out of interest what are the dimensions of your obs ? One thing i have to say is that it looks like a very professional build. You should consider making obs kits and selling them, as i imagine they would be very popular.

I think if someone designed a cost effective pre-fabricated ROR observatory, where all the parts have been precision cut and easily bolt together, then they would be onto a winner.

You up to the task jason......lol.

Thanks Rich,

I am very happy with it, I was concerned I might have a damp problem being made of steel, but everything is bone dry!

The sizes are 2.4m long, 2.2m wide and 1.8m hight, the walls are 1.35m high.

It would be nice to do a pre fab obsy, but we are run off our feet at work at the moment. Maybe one day tho!

Another, you did that for £200?! from me :)

Awesome job, looks very professional

Thankyou :smiley:

Jason.

Archived