Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 29/09/2012 SW150PL

Ultrapenguin

Jupiter taken with my Skywatcher 150PL I was please to capture the GRS for the first time, hopefully as the year goes on I can imporve on thsi as Jupiter becomes more favourable.

Equipment used;

Skywatcher 150PL, Creative Livecam CCD camera, EQ3-2 with dual axis motors, 2x Barlow, IR Cut filter, Motorised focuser (probably the best buy i ever made)

www.ultrapenguin.co.uk/Moon/Capture9292012111615PM.jpg

They are great scopes eh Andrew! with mine the best thing i bought was teh motorized focus it makes planetry so easy i sit on a chair next to the scope (once i have the object in the fov) turn on the tracking, fine tune the objects position and focus and then i am free to play around with focus and capture settings until I am happy, when i think back to my old attempts with the SW130 its a different world I used to get the oblect them move the scope so it was out of view below and let it drift accross teh fov capturing as many frams as poss it was so difficult to focus ect. Now i dont bother with 30fps I use 5 or 10 as it gives so much more sensitivity in the webcam. I have so much to learn still but it encorages me when i get a half decent image.

Do you have any you have captured with your 150 Andrew?

Archived