My First Jupiter

ChrisThePuma

• 1 month later...

Hi

Sorry yes - With SharpCap i took about a minutes worth of capture. Then i loaded it into Registax and stacked the images, tweaked the settings (no idea what exactly, just fiddled with the settings) and it came out like this.

Cool eah?

Can just make out Ganymde right next to Jupiter on the right side.

... tweaked the settings (no idea what exactly, just fiddled with the settings) and it came out like this.

I love astronomy. Such a scientific past time with all actions precisely recorded & catalogued! :grin::wink:

Lovely image BTW. I would be very happy/proud if I could manage something like that.

Well done. :icon_salut:

Checked out your equipment, great capture, great detail, and very inspiring since you just fiddled with registax.

Seems all I need is a wooly hat to get images like you. Knew I was going wrong somewhere.

Yes it's the woolly hat that makes the difference :grin:

Great work! I've only dabbled in it a bit... but the results from stacking are just phenomenal aren't they?

I dropped it when trying to combine color channels... I just don't have the patience for all the post processing... I'm a visual observer at heart I guess.

I have a Imaging Source monochrome DMK camera which I really need to sell... maybe trade for a color one, to make my job a little easier (albeit give up some resolution).

That is a great second image with a 150mm, now you are really hooked, more very early mornings, no money, lots of time spent with the computer, what more could a happy Astronomer want " even better images " lol Well done :)

John.

Archived