NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bubble Nebula, NGC 7635

lukebl

I know, not another Bubble nebula, but I haven't attempted this before and thought it would be a good one to ease myself back into DSO imaging. Quite pleased at the delicate detail within the Bubble. I notice that the area around main star often gets burnt out in images, so I was pleased that I managed to avoid that problem here. Stars not quite round, but a heck of a lot better since I had a third grub screw fitted to the focuser. Now I just need to get a bit of colour.

Captured with an SXVF-H9 cam, Baader UHC-S filter, 250mm f/4.7 Newtonian. 40 x 300s exposures. Guiding with QHY5, ST80 and PHD Guiding. Norfolk, UK, 18th September 2012

8002396160_e2309c7e4a_b.jpg

Hi all.

Thanks for the comments. I managed to capture an hour each of HA and OIII, and have added this to the mix. Not sure if everyone will approve of the colour palette, but this is how it turned out: Ha:Ha:OIII for the RGB channels. I tried Ha:OII:OIII, as well as a synthesised green channel but none of them looked right. Constructive criticism very welcome.

8005615112_c31abb535a_h.jpg

Actually, I think it's very nice :) The change from the usual colours is refreshing - I like it :) The bubble is beautifully clear and stands out really well :) I don't think I'm expert enough to suggest any improvements :D

Thanks Gina. I have had another tweak of the HA and OIII data. I didn't have enough of either really, but I have come up with a different balance, which I think is quite pleasing, but again might offend the purists! Sorry, I'm just fascinated by this object, having never bothered with it before.

8006472367_5cf6c9c0d6_b.jpg

Very interesting :) The latter one is sharper and the bubble even better defined but I think I prefer the colours in the first one. Both are tremendous images and I like them both :)

Archived