Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delos release date.

Mr Moff

Danny,

I don't know if it is something to too worked up about but I have used TS in Germany for a number of years through the Meade dealer who is a good friend that can speak their lingo. TS will not usually advertise a product that they do not have in stock, look at the Televue Radians, they only have a few so they have taken them off site until they get more. I have not tried to see if they have them but I could try and find out for you if you want one. I will however point out their service is not what it once was and that I am in general disappointed with them as a suppier now.

Alan.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a tough decision to let the Ethos go to you Alan but after using my 17.3mm Delos for a while I can definately say that you arent losing any quality in the Delos compared to Ethos, just less FoV.

I'm after the 8mm to slide in between my 7/10mm XW's :)

what new delos range are you referring to. 17 and higher mags have been out for a while. I spoke with David Nagler at the PATS on sept 22 and asked if they were going to make lower mags and he informed me that there were no plans and saw no reason to do so. I thought they would replace the panoptics but he did not see why. what were you thinking of in terms of new range.

It was a tough decision to let the Ethos go to you Alan but after using my 17.3mm Delos for a while I can definately say that you arent losing any quality in the Delos compared to Ethos, just less FoV.

Well I am happy you did, it works very well and even better when you take the plastic end cap off. I have an 8mm Ethos on the way from Telescope Hosue and I plan to change my short eyepieces for Delos. I also got the 6mm Delos coming with the Ethos.

I want both 4.5 and 3.5 to take care of the short end of things. I don't really see the advantage of 3.7mm and 4.7mm110 degrees FOV when I get down to this F/L on guided scopes but I haven't seen any secondhand yet. I wouldn't pay 525 or thereabouts for a new one. Even if I did see S/H I don't think I would go for the 3.7mm it's too short on my scopes

AlN.

what new delos range are you referring to. 17 and higher mags have been out for a while. I spoke with David Nagler at the PATS on sept 22 and asked if they were going to make lower mags and he informed me that there were no plans and saw no reason to do so. I thought they would replace the panoptics but he did not see why. what were you thinking of in terms of new range.

Its not a new range Allen.

TV announced a while ago that they were going to release new focal length EP's for there Delos range but all we know is that will become available 'in the fall'. :)

http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3_page.asp?id=183

• 4 weeks later...

Just realised I never came back to this thread post David Nagler. Sorry.

Expectation was for arrival by the end of October in the UK. I spoke to Simon at the Widescreen Centre a few days ago and he indicated I could have the new focal length Delos EPs in time for Halloween, so it would seem that they are still on schedule.

Clear skies,

Archived