Celestron x cel lx question

Hi guys & girls

I am looking to pick up a couple of celestron x cel lx eyepieces for my 250px goto I have decided to go for the 7mm for planets and am looking for advice as best size to get for deep space

Thanks

due to the speed of your scope you would be better going for a good corrected e.p. very good e.p is the nirvana range, they will blow your socks off. almost as good are the e.s. range, you need something like a 32mm 2" for that nice wide field of view f.o.v.

I would suggest the 12mm, gives 100x and a 2/3 degree view.

The balance is magnification and view, the 12mm gives 100x and 2/3 degrees, the 18mm would give 67x and bit less then 1 degree.

I assume you have a 25mm and so I would use that for the wider views and to me that would lessen the attraction/necessity of the 18mm leaving the 12mm as the option I would go for.

Difficult to say as what I might be interested in and how I want to see it could well not be the same for you.

The X-cell LXs are very well corrected and will work extremely well in a 250PX. Better than Baader Hyperions for example in a fairly fast scope like yours.

For the longer focal length I'd go with a 30mm 2" 70 degree eyepiece as it wouldn't be too expensive. An 82 degree would be nicer but ££££££££.

John

The Celestron X-Cel LX's are very nice indeed (my noobish opinion). The ones I use the most are the 25, 12 and 7mm eyepieces, although my scope is a fair bit smaller than yours.

Archived