Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first pic...

rtjc

Hey Folks,

Last night was rather windy but it was also very clear, so despite lack of sleep and not feeling too well this past week or so i just couldn't resist getting my telescope outside and spending a bit of time looking at our lovely moon. I understand this picture will probably bore quite allot of you but i thought i would share it none the less. It was taken by holding my phones little lens to the eyepiece (or trying to, boy is it hard), all while my battery was draining far too fast for my liking!

Hopefully i can get a camera and mount sometimes in the future and take better pics. But anyway, here's my contribution. Critisism welcome, but go easy, i am a noob =o)

dsc056511.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks guys, It was so hard to hold the phone steady, and more so inbetween little gusts of wind! Haha Astrofox, i can see this being a rather slidey slope indeed! Tried to get a closer shot of the craters on the edge with my other eyepieces but it wasn't happening. More practice me thinks! But it was a lovely clear night for me to get some lunar viewing done :smiley:

Thank you Fay, Yeah it's really difficult. I expected it to be, but not quite as tricky as it actually is. Not sure if i should get a smartphone type adaptor to practice a little more, or just wait and use a decent amateur setup. I'll try again with more battery though ;)

:D haha, yes, very. It was pretty gusty in my back garden too which wasn't really helping. If it wasn't blowing the scope it was pushing me about! Will try again and do more full lunar images next time with different eyepieces.

Ross

I've got a Skywatcher 130P Supatrack, which seems pretty popular on here. Just have the supplied eyepieces at the moment, but looking at getting a new one soon now that i've played about with it a bit. Yourself Rob?

To be honest, as i don't have much experience i don't find the standard eyepieces too bad. The barlow is pretty good, and the 10mm. Not sure in the 25mm wide view, doesn't seem the same qaulity and isn't very clear to the edge like the others. I can't spend allot of money, but i've been looking at the Celestron X-Cel LX eyepieces, maybe a 7mm :)

Archived