Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dengie take 2?

zakkhogan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will check upcoming weather - have a few weddings and other jobs coming up, plus the moon is waxing towards a full moon over the next week or so which doesn't help matters. But yeah, would like to get back out there asap.

Very limited parking - 3 cars at the very most and that would be at a push - otherwise it would start to cause a problem for road users - bear in mind that Ugley is nowhere near as good as Dengie in terms of quality, although you do get horizon to horizon views in all directions - its next to a road that has cars going past up until 10/11pm - not many, but enough to screw your night vision if you don't close you eyes, although you can see them coming from a fair distance.

I may try to get in contact with the farmer again and see if I can get a key for the gate (he was a bit grumpy unlike the guy at Dengie) which would solve the parking issue, but dont get your hopes up on this one.

I am up for Dengie if we decide to go there. I will also check site close to Southend this weekend. It doesnt seem to be as good as Dengie, but is much closer and i hope east and north sky will be good:

http://maps.google.c...016512&t=h&z=17

I would think the MOD's floodlighting on one side, and Southend on the other, might make that a bit bright at night.

Archived