Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

mirror lens

peem

As Gary said give it a go, the mirror lens are pretty rare, more correctly they never caught on, so I guess no one will give a definitive answer.

If it fits your DSLR then put it on a mount and take 10 shots and see.

If no good delete the images or change the exposure parameters and have another go.

Nothing to lose.

• 2 months later...

I use a mirror lens, but don't use it much for astro, more for general photography, however took one some time ago of the moon, as below. Canon 50D, Tamron 500mm f8 on a Celestron EG5GT mount (heavily cropped).

If your is the Samyang 500mm f6.3 then give it a go as these are very good mirror lenses indeed,

post-21806-0-58892800-1352822170_thumb.j

I will try it if i ever get a clear night .The only partly clear night was 2 weeks ago when the moon was full!! I have a vixen polarie but no polar scope I have only managed afew photos in the last month or more . I used a 85mm and a 50mm lens for one minute without any obvious trailling Looking through the little hole in the polarie to find the pole star is not as easy as it looks in the video . Forecast is not good for the next week Its been rain wind and more rain here in the western isles

• 1 month later...

Hi

1 minute at ISO1600 with an Andy Ellis (Astronomiser) baader filter modded Canon 550 with an astronomik clip in light pollution filter. The clip in OB filter makes it good for terrestial use too. Probably too high an ISO but I was just playinng LOL

Archived