Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium 0.11.4

alexwolf

The Stellarium team announces the first release candidate of Stellarium version 0.11.4.

This release has over 30 closed bugs in the main application and in the plugins. Also this version has improvements of GUI and two new plugins. A huge thanks to all peoples from our community who helped us in finding bugs!

We are updated the configuration file and the Solar System file, so if you have an existing Stellarium installation, you need to reset the settings after you install the new version.

This is not a stable release and it's not intended for distribution and re-distribution to end users. The RC1 version is intended for testing only and should be installed only by people who don't mind looking for bugs and reporting them.

A package for Windows you can download from here:

for 32-bit: https://launchpad.ne....4RC1-win32.exe

for 64-bit: https://launchpad.ne....4RC1-win64.exe

Translators can check translations and fix mistakes on launchpad.net Rosetta - https://translations...1/ translations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stellarium team announces the second release candidate of Stellarium version 0.11.4.

A package for Windows you can download from here:

for 32-bit: https://launchpad.net/stellarium/0.11/0.11.4/+download/stellarium-0.11.4RC2-win32.exe

for 64-bit: https://launchpad.net/stellarium/0.11/0.11.4/+download/stellarium-0.11.4RC2-win64.exe

The Stellarium development team is proud to announce the release of version 0.11.4 of Stellarium.

This release brings some interesting new features:

- New plugin: Exoplanets.

- New plugin: Observability analysis.

- Improvements to Night Vision mode.

- Improvements for *BSD systems.

- New scripts.

There have also been a large number of bug fixes and some performance and GUI improvements. A huge thanks to all community bug reporters.

ChangeLog:

Added:

- New plugin: Exoplanets

- New plugin: Observability analysis

- Get geometric altitude and azimuth for script engine (LP: #1010617)

- Sky image loading with altitude/azimuth coordinates (LP: #1023548)

- New hotkey for star name labels (LP: #1032989)

- Option to activate/deactivate the Nebula Background Images button via GUI (LP: #925247)

- Return to user set location and landscape (LP: #981507)

- Display degrees and minutes for FOV of CCD (LP: #998761)

- Adding all possible satellites (LP: #1006495)

- Building a Windows x64 packages (LP: #1003041, #1027607)

- Apply atmosphere effect only on bodies with atmosphere (LP: #971875)

Fixed:

- Various Stellarium freezes and crashed (LP: #1005155, #1030913, #940638, #992267, #1033380, #951967, #1040054)

- Various plugins issues (LP: #751381, #892027, #1006134, #1040066, #1040085)

- Various issues for nebulae (LP: #1026021, #744517)

- Add/subtract one sidereal year jumps wrong amount (LP: #1006208)

- Various small issues, typos and mistakes (LP: #1022506, #1032469, #1019247, #985204)

- Various issues in Scripting Engine (LP: #1023934, #1017148, #1017154, #730180)

Changed:

- New tab in the configuration window to control the selected object information.

- Improvement Night Vision mode

- Extend list of default scripts

I'm currently installing it from the stellarium ppa repository. Hopefully that will be updated shortly and it will all get upgraded automagically. Otherwise I'll go the sourceforge route.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am facing a problem with Stellarium for scope control.

I installed Stellarium, Stellarium Scope, ASCOM platform, and EQMOD on a win xp laptop and they all worked fine together. I am able to update Stellarium Config file from Stellarium Scope and then I can control my EQ3-2 GOTO with Stellarium and it worked really well.

Now, I have installed all of those on a Win 7 laptop and no success. Stellarium Scope and EQMOD connected to the mount and I could manually control the mount through EQMOD. But it could not update the config.ini of the Stellarium. in fact it could not even find it! I tried to introduce the telescope manually in Stellarium but that too didn't work.

Perhaps someone have had the same problem? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Naeim

Have you ever tried to control the mount with just Stellarium, it is a standalone mount controller not requiring Eqmod or Stellarium Scope. Next question, have you checked the com port being used by your mount and is it the same in Stellarium?

Jim

I have tried to connect directly, but no success... The com port is set correctly (COM3) But it is resolved now, with Stellarium Scope I managed to connect Stellarium and the Telescope.

Naeim

Thanks Chris I'll post the quote here, the install file for stellarium does say that it doesn't keep the config file as it does things slightly differently now, and that you have to rebuild it to use.

Solved the issue at last... the problem was that Stellarium Scope did not automatically update the config.ini of Stellarium.

I defined a new telescope in Stellarium, and made sure the TCP/IP port number match that of Stellarium Scope, and then it worked fine!

Maybe you could explain what the problem was identified as and how you fixed it, for future readers of this thread, ta :grin:

The problem was that Stellarium Scope program does not update the config.ini file for Stellarium on Windows 7. And so, the telescope needs to be defined manually. in Stellarium I configured a new telescope with the same TCP/IP socket as in Stellarium Scope and it now works fine.

For Windows XP, Stellarium Scope updates the config.ini file with no problem and configures new telescope automatically, once you press "Update Stellarium Configuration" button in StellariumScope.

Naeim

Naeim,

To get full functionalty you will need to create three seaparate 'telescopes' in stellarium with ports matching those used by stellariumscope for gotos, sync and stop commands. Regretably using three separate telescope intefaces was the only way we could trick stellarium into providing half decent mount control.

Have you reported the ini file issue to Jon, the guy maintaining stellariumscope? His contact details are on his 'welshdragoncomputing' website from where stellariumscope is downloaded - alternativly post a message on the EQMOD group where Jon is a key member.

Chris.

Naeim,

To get full functionalty you will need to create three seaparate 'telescopes' in stellarium with ports matching those used by stellariumscope for gotos, sync and stop commands. Regretably using three separate telescope intefaces was the only way we could trick stellarium into providing half decent mount control.

Have you reported the ini file issue to Jon, the guy maintaining stellariumscope? His contact details are on his 'welshdragoncomputing' website from where stellariumscope is downloaded - alternativly post a message on the EQMOD group where Jon is a key member.

Chris.

Just sent an email to Jon. your message made me think of another solution and it worked perfectly. I copied the file telescopes.json from my Win XP laptop onto the Win 7 one, and now I have all three telescope connections introduced and working! thanks for that.

Naeim

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent thank you guys.

I have a problem, I am connecting Stellarium directly to my Nexstar 8 and it works perfectly one minute and not the next, By that I mean that suddenly Ctrl 1 will not move it, when it stops working I go to the scope config and see it is still connected, so I stop it and start it again and it will work for a while then do it again and so on?

Hi Astro-Bob.

I did have this problem before. You don't need to disconnect-reconnect the mount to get the Ctrl+1 to work. What I found out is that minimizing/maximizing the StellariumScope and EQMOD window, or clicking on a different start and clicking back on the start you like to slew to will re-activate the Ctrl+1. weird, but works for me!

Naeim

Archived