Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium 0.11.4

alexwolf

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else have problems with Nebula images not showing? I'm running 0.11.4 on a windows 7 laptop, and despite trying an uninstall and re-installing, some of the background nebula photos don't show, M31 in particular, and sometimes none show. I've tried toggling the nebula images button and nebula labels button, and while the labels button turns the markers and names on and off, if the background photos don't show when the program is first started, the button does nothing.

This morning, it started up ok, most of the images seem to be there, but M31 is still missing, yet the png image is in the folder with the rest of the background images.

Just to let you know I tried what you said and it didn't work for me. In fact I am having to close the program and re start it to get control of the scope back

This is what I have to do, almost every night there is an occurance, also having the same problem as Stephen, just a wait and see.

Jim

I would have thought the if the drivers weren't up to date, it just wouldn't show at all, not just occasionally. When the nebula images do show, they toggle on and off as they should, but M31 is still intermittent.

I do find them a nice feature which helps me to plan targets for photo sessions.

Ah, understand, yes you are correct :(, thought I will say that at a certain zoom I have a lot of flashing of some of the lables, just wonder if one fix had made another error.

Jim

Did you know there's a slider in the menu that controls how many nebula labels show? So you can set it not to clutter the sky with all of them, but still show what I'm guessing are the most visible.

Just to let you know I tried what you said and it didn't work for me. In fact I am having to close the program and re start it to get control of the scope back

I did try this again last night. works fine. one thing though: I never run Stellarium in full screen, so i can easily switch between Stellarium and EQMOD. once in a while I notice that Ctrl+1 doesn't work, but as son as I click on a different start and then click on the star I want it works.

I did try this again last night. works fine. one thing though: I never run Stellarium in full screen, so i can easily switch between Stellarium and EQMOD. once in a while I notice that Ctrl+1 doesn't work, but as son as I click on a different start and then click on the star I want it works.

What's Eqmod? My Nexstar is connected directly from the port on the handset to the serial port on the PC directly to Stellarium

I am connecting my EQ3-2 directly to the PC, but I access the mount via StellariumScope which runs together with Stellarium. StellariumScope is the software that uses EQMOD driver for communicating with the mount.

Try and use Carte Du Ciel and EQMOD. see if the same problem happens there. Carte Du Ciel is not as good looking and user friendly as Stellarium. It is much simpler and it works pretty good.

I think a number of people do not realise that Stellarium does not require EQmod to work, or maybe they are using them separately but not killing EQmod on return to Stellarium, I know that sometimes causes me problems so I do not use then together.

Jim

I did try initially to connect directly to Stellarium, without stellariumscope, but no success...

Just one question though, can you do 3-star (or more) alignment in stellarium without EQMOD? Please can you write a short HowTo note?

Short answer is I have never tried and doubt if I could, Stellarium is to me just a slewing programme, if anyone can do other operations I would be happy to learn about them. As I am in a fixed position I just do a one star align each night and that is it really.

Regarding connecting to the mount you have to install the mount in Stellarium with the correct port number, once you have done that ensure you tick the bottom box in the install to bring the target on screen, when you have done that and it shows connected turn off Stellarium and turn on again and the target will show on the screen, when you slew the traget will move with the mount movement.

Jim

I have always done the allignement on the scope handset before connecting to Stellarium and then it 's good to go, I can sit there selecting one thing after another and the scope will go to it, but the minute I leave it in one place for a bit, I have to re start the program to move it again

Well, in my case, the reason I chose to control the scope with Stellarium was that no matter how many times I tried, I could never do a successful 3-star alignment on the hand control. so I add several stars to the EQMOD alignment list and then I use Stellarium to slow towards objects. I think I've got a huge cone error on my mount/scope.

Archived