NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Twin OTA mounting

Beyond_Vision

Does any body know where i can get a mounting plate from so that I can mount an 80mm Williams optics clone refractor and a Bresser 102mm refractor together on a HEQ5 mount?

The 80mm is fitted with a set of WO rings mounted on a WO Vixen/Synta dovetail plate which are very sturdy. The Bresser Messier R102 is fitted with its Bresser standard rings on a dovetail that fits the HEQ5. The Bresser rings and dovetail are not that special and i would probably need to replace them.

Thanks for all your suggestions in the end it was a toss up between the ADM plate from Rother Valley Optics and a Vixen SX Large Accessory Plate with two Dovetail clamps from Opticstar Ltd all for £147 including Saturday delivery. (The ADM plate was £165 including del).

I found the service/advice from Opticstar very good they also have some cracking CCD's and other imaging equipment.

Will be busy tomorrow setting up an autoguiding system ready for Kelling Heath.

:D:lol::grin::wink:

Archived