Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nearly there now

martin_h

It looks great Martin - I know I've asked this before, but how many exposures for each pane and how long?

Only 4 exposures of 15 mins each, the data depth isnt great but viewed on a laptop screen it looks ok...lol

As for the 57 hours, I'm observatory based so can take advantage of any clear bit of sky, I hav actualy stood outside the obs watching the gaps in the cloud around Cygnus and hit the button when it passes over the target. Some nights I have only managed 1 sub, but thats one sub less next time

I was going to ask the same as Sara. You've probably said in the past but I must have missed it.

I too want to know where the clear skies are coming from !

That's a very interesting region right down at the bottom. I've not noticed it so prominent before. Are you aware of a number for it ? I must go and take a better look there myself.

Thanks for posting your results so far. I won't ask if you're going to do the other channels :)

Dave.

Crossed posts. Cheers.

I was going to ask the same as Sara. You've probably said in the past but I must have missed it.

I too want to know where the clear skies are coming from !

That's a very interesting region right down at the bottom. I've not noticed it so prominent before. Are you aware of a number for it ? I must go and take a better look there myself.

Thanks for posting your results so far. I won't ask if you're going to do the other channels :)

Dave.

Crossed posts. Cheers.

The bright "blob" in the bottom centre(ish) is the Tulip Nebula SH2-101

Thanks for that.

The area I'm looking at is the very large mass between and above the Tulip and over to the Crescent. I know there's a Barnard's dark in there but can't find more details. Perhaps there aren't any.

Have you processed that differently to the Butterfly ?

Dave.

Damn. Crossed again ! I think the bit I'm after hasn't got a number. I would go with a 250mm camera lens so would want the lot.

Archived