Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Confused about T Adaptors....

kirkster501

Hey guys, some advice about T system please to use with a Canon EOS?

So a T eyepiece adaptor goes into the 'scope focuser right and then a camera adaptor screws the camera body into the adaptor (I think I get this bit) ?

So I was looking at this 'scope adaptor:

http://www.firstligh...ra-adapter.html

But that's only a push fit onto the scope focuser (and the camera adaptor screws into the threads of this scope adaptor?). My worry is that if this is push fit, that's a lot of expensive camera held on by two focuser screws. Do they make these adaptors so that the scope adaptor SCREWS onto the telescope focuser instead? In my case I'd want one that threads onto my ED80.

This adaptor business is quite confusing !

Thanks, Steve

Thanks. Do you guys tie the camera neck strap through the telescope mounting hoops "just in case" something were to slip out of the focuser?

Well i did but not only for piece of mind but it stops the strap flapping about causing movement.

• 2 months later...

Steve

As you say, adapters are confusing. There are lots of different adapters to T -thread, alternatively called T2 or M42x0.75mm (not to be confused with the Pentax M42x1.0mm). I don't know what thread the ED80 has to suggest any particular adapter that would screw onto it but once you know what it is you can just google to seek one out. Again, I'm not familiar with the ED80's focuser. If it doesn't rotate then you need to have some way of rotating your camera to frame images if you don't use a push-fit. You can get a simple T-thread to T-thread rotator (TST2WE) from Teleskop Express in Germany. It's quite thin, using just 5.5mm of back-focus.

Archived