Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M15

centroid

After I finished with the 'Crescent' last night, I had a quick go at M15, before 'calling it a night'.

10" LX200GPS + 3.3 Foc Red. About 50 subs with a mix of 10, 15 and 20 sec exposures. Processed in AA4, and with DDP applied.

Dave

post-13389-133877331132_thumb.jpg

That is a nice image! I was going to try M13 last night, but the cloud rolled over just as I got my camera focused...

What type of camera and scope was that taken on? That's maybe a stupid question given the list of gear in your signature, but I'm new to this and I don't know all the acronyms etc yet!

Thanks

Trev

Not a stupid question at all Trev, we all have to learn, and I'm still learning :wink:

The scope was a 10" Meade LX200GPS, fitted with an F3.3 Focal Reducer to increase the field of view, and the Camera was a Starlight Express SXVF-H9C 'single shot' colour camera, running at full resolution.

The resulting subs, were colour synthesised, aligned and combine in Astroart 4, and a DDP (digital development process) filter applied to the combined image. A final 'tweak' was then made using Photoshop.

As I recall, the DDP filter was the work of a Japanese amateur astronomer, as is an extremely useful 'tool'.

Hope this explains how the image was achieved.

Archived