NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How Far ..

Photosbykev

Well that's a tough one Kev & i have done too much thinking today as it is (brain is on timeshare you know) ill give it a go though mate, maths aint my best subject so it's just a stab in the dark i guess.

Using the angular size of the Sun as a scale, I get the angular distance between these two locations as 0.00102 radians thus using a simple mathematical equation thus :- 0.00102m2 /1 sr = m2·m−2 = 1 (\180/π ( 6283.185 mrad)) * 1 m at a range of 1000 mkm = distance between point A & point B to be .......................very big indeed.

There you have it Kev plain as mud now where's my cookie :evil:

Seriously though if we can see the whole image & have something to scale from ie the Sun itself then working the distance out should be easy enough.

Agree with Steve very nice piccy, i may have to get a Solar thingy for my setup one day.

Your enjoying this arn't you ..................way too many smiley's lol

ok my 6yr old son Gabriel said 178000km, can i phone a friend or 50/50 ?

too high :) :) :)

By nature I'm pretty much always happy There's very little point in being otherwise

If you can find a friend ring away ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Archived