Difference between premium cheshire and not premium?

Just wondering as I very well could be ordering my first scope in the next few days (Skywatcher 200p)

If there is any difference between the premium cheshire - http://www.firstlightoptics.com/collimation/premium-cheshire-collimating-eyepiece.html

compared to the non so premium - http://www.firstlightoptics.com/collimation/cheshire-collimating-eyepiece.html

I should say I bought a fancy Cheshire once (not this one but from Scopes N Skies - the Astro Enginieering one) and really didn't like it. I sent it back the day I got it. I then bought one of the 'budget' FLO ones second hand for £15 and it was much better. I am not saying that this one will not be good but not all the glitters red is gold.

I actually e-mailed FLO a while back before ordering my Cheshire and asked this exact question. The answer I got was:

The Cheshire are the same, the premium is the better quality, ( we have the premiums made by a local engineer).

So it would appear that the premiums are made in the UK. For whatever it is worth I am quite happy with mine (the premium version), but it is the only one I have used so I have nothing to compare it to.

^^ lol just seen this post the timing of the ad is coincidental btw! But yes was going to say I have a nice shiny one for sale and yes the build quality is good but it is the only example I have to go by :o

Really sorry to disappoint you Jesse but its gone already! Even had one interested party insist you had first refusal before him, but it had gone so quick I was surprised fully recommend the premium one though if you decide upon it. Good luck with the new scope when you get it, always exciting waiting for the post when you know its coming :)

Archived