Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The elusive Squid - part 2

paulobao

Hello,

After collecting some more data I let you here what I got untill now...

As a note I will continue to say that this is, by far, the most difficult object I photographed! Compared to this one, the soap bubble for exemple, is a joke!

So here the gear and data:

-Tak FS102NSV @ 641mm

-QSI532WS-M1

-Astrodon OIII 3nm (11h15min @ bin 2x2)

-Astrodon Ha 5nm (1h 25 min @ bin 2x2)

Please see how faint is the OIII signal despite the amount of integration time (very, very low SNR). The Squid is laying in the Sh2-129 bed of Ha, with much more strong signal! There is only a small fraction (at the tip at left) of the squid that, apparentely, is visible in the Ha frame!

The RGB is made with the Ha and OIII and a sG was created. I'm not completely satisfied with the "color balance" and I will reprocess it after deleting it of my brain !!!!

This will be a main target for long time because the challenge to catch the OIII signal (a proper one, I mean)!

Thanks for looking :-)

The Ha signal at Sh2-129

medianou4habin2x210c7x1.jpg

The OIII signal at Sh2-129

medianou4oiii3nmbin2x21.jpg

The OIII signal but inverted

medianou4oiii3nmbin2x21.jpg

And a Squid in the grill... :evil:

ou4process2v4.jpg

Regards,

paulo

Hello,

thanks for looking at it...again :-).

Kind of an obsession for this object due to the low signal I obtained even at bin 2x2 with a high sensitivity camera!

Hope to get it when the temperature drops a bit!

Cheers,

paulo

Archived