Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C11and Dome

CELESCOPE

well my first night out in the Dome ,noooo imaging , YES just viewing for change , must say i,m pleased , it feels very comfortable , as there was a wind blowing ,and i could,nt feel a thing ehehheh , ok so thought i would try the scope and mount make sure everything was ok , done my alignment ,that was fine, no problem just moving the dome around ,very light and easy ,popped in my 6.3 reducer , just in case the GO-TO was out , choose M27 as i knew this would be a fairly bright object even with the Moon up , slewed around and placed it just off centre of the eyepiece, in full,view , but just a tiny tweak , sat and gazed for some time , amazing view, , must admit its been a while for me just viewing, anyway went for m57 next , surprised that the scope slewed all around to get there , knew right away there would be a problem, sure enough , no sign of m57 , Darn mirror flop i guess, so thats that then ,needs to be sorted , next i will try the skywatcher 200, that should be fine , but had to finish ,packed in a while ago as clouds came over, so all in all i,m happy , oh and i jumped up and down beside the scope , my17 stone made no difference , not a a wobble still as a mill pond , great news that , so onwards and upwards no i guess ,

Thats it folks

Rog

should be able to steve lol its 7ft inside , think the 350 d should be able to get something in, have to be next week as i,m off to Suffolk tomorrow evening.

Rog

Wondered why the forecast had taken a nose-dive :wink:

Chris

Archived