finder scope

Hi . I am new to this forum . I have purchased a 6x30 90 degree right angled finder scope from teleskop- service germany.I t did not come with any instructions . Iam having difficulty lining it up with my telescope. There are 3 adjusting screws 2 plastic and 1 metal. The2 plastic ones are ok but the metal one turns round without seeming to do anything Also there seems to be no way to adjust the focus. Has anyone got one and can give me smoe advice. Thanks

The metal one isnt a screw, it is a spring loaded clip so that your other two screws push against this, set your scope up during the day find an object in the far distance with your main scope using a 25mm eyepiece, then adjust the two screws on your finder till the centre of the finder is the same as the centre in your eyepiece. Job Done, why did you go for a 6x30 and not a 9x50 raci?

Kev.

assuming it's like the Synta / Skywatcher ones - maybe post a link to the one you got? is it a bit like this?SW9x50RAEFINDER.jpg

the two plastic screws are the adjusters, the other is likely to be spring loaded and does not adjust. the plastic ones do up/down and left/right - one does each. don't forget the small o ring which needs to be in the groove on the tube of the finder.

focus will be adjusted by unscrewing the objective and when focused tighten the collar. in the above pic, the collar is knurled and you'd unscrew the end section - be careful though.

Thanks again I have found the focus ring now ok. The reason ichoose the 6x30 over the 9x50 was i thought it was to big for my 80mm f6.9 refractor but i think i may have a mistake- blast too late now . May upgrade later.

Yes the 9x50 will let you see fainter targets, but it is much heavier as well as being bulkier. You'll be surprised at how good the 6x30 RA is though and it's still a very capable finder. Even though I have a spare 9x50 finder I could have used I just bought a 6x30 RA for fitting to a small grab'n'go scope as it is so light and compact and still good enough.

Funnily enough I can't stand the 6x30 straight finder. :huh:

John

Archived