Another Victory -------Astronomy 2 - Neighbours leylandai 0--------

Hi,

Just wanted to share the news, My neighbour has cut down two more of his laylandai leaving just one, hope this goes soon then Ill have a complete sweep from NE to W and only house height restricting 360' views.

Happy Kev.

When i moved in here, the East, North and West side had Laylandia, quiet tall 40' i surpose, North and West side were mine, there now 12' stumps with ivy growing around them, they make a nice wall. the East side belong to a Pub, but turns out there just a conifer and in 12 years they just getting to be a pain so i have mentioned it to the Landlord and just gonna wait for a bit, but one way or another they will get a trim.....:)

My neighbour's leylandii blocks everything from west to north to zenith. I wouldn't say it was big but my phone line goes through it about a third of the way up...

Oh, and when BT replaced my line a while back, they threaded it back through the tree! Seems if I want it re-routing round the tree I'd have to pay for a new line installation!

Ten years ago I could image Antares now I can only just get M16 ,neigbours trees growing rapidly, can only hope they blow down perhaps onto their gagage with the security light on it :)

Davey-T

Leyllandii can have thier uses- in my dad's garden where I often observe, the hedge acts as a superior screen for all the surrounding house/security/street lights. Maintained at about 8 feet high and three feet thick it creates a pool of darkness of darkness to work in. It limits low level objects - but that's no big loss in light polluted areas.

Scope & hedge screen.

Dscf4141.jpg

Archived