Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What to snap next?

Astrosurf

I managed at last to get autoguiding to work and got an image of M51 I was proud of. If I manage to get the dark art of autoguiding to work next time (weather willing) what would be another really good target? Please also give me exposure times! My kit is in my sig block (my camera is unmodded). Ta all.

Alexxx

I managed at last to get autoguiding to work and got an image of M51 I was proud of. If I manage to get the dark art of autoguiding to work next time (weather willing) what would be another really good target? Please also give me exposure times! My kit is in my sig block (my camera is unmodded). Ta all.Alexxx

Alex - there's a whole Universe-out- there but as you asked why not stick to Plough region with M101, M81 and M82 :rolleyes: But please don't ask me about exposure durations as I don't conform :grin: Good luck in your quest.

Alex - there's a whole Universe-out- there but as you asked why not stick to Plough region with M101, M81 and M82 :rolleyes: But please don't ask me about exposure durations as I don't conform :grin: Good luck in your quest.

Ta muchly. M101 is cracking. I'll have a go at that!

Ha, Steve, I did that in Stellarium too! I also zoom into the object as Stellarium often shows them. The mind boggles, which is why I've asked people to make suggestions, their fave objects, or me brain's going to explode!

I particuarly enjoyed a session on M109 earlier in the year, again not too far from M51/M101. The real bonus was getting 3 galaxies in one shot really enjoyed seeing that come through in the processing :D You cant go wrong with galaxies I think each have unique features to pick out. Good luck :D

M109 looks epic, as my 12-year-old daughter would say! With my 200P I don't think I'd get other galaxies in view but I'm useless at calculating field of view and stuff. I do wish I could afford a focal reducer though, particularly for the Andromeda galaxy.

Archived