Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Try to catch Jupiter this weekend

riklaunim

On 17.06 early morning Jupiter will be quite close to the Moon. Day before it will be further away but still using the Moon as a guide point it should be "easy" to find Jupiter on daylight sky (via a finderscope).

It's a good opportunity to take some early images and check what's going on Jupiter (like NTB disturbance - http://www.pvol.ehu.es/pvol/ ).

As it's daylight using a dew shield to block direct sunlight is a good idea. For imaging you could try to change the gamma (make it darker, for TIS cams it's moving it up). Also infrared/red filters will be much better than green/blue due to glowing sky smile.gif

And be careful not to point the scope at the Sun.

Good heads-up, but mate, you should see the weather that we are haviong over here. Its biblical :mad:

Looking at the rain storm that delayed the Euro footy last night, looks like the weather in Poland (& Ukraine) is not up to much either at the moment.

Mark

I was up this morning, hoping for a visual glimpse, but all I got was a wonderful crescent moon between clouds. Even here in the South China Sea, it's been clouded out and lashing with rain since that BIG event on the 6th. I'll be having a go tomorrow morning though, just in case...

Archived