Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Dual Speed Focuser For Refractors

Has anyone ever fitted one of these on an ED 100 and if so was it...

A: easy to fit

B: a marked improvement from the stoch version

C: Not worth the effort

How are they fitted? It looks like they fit directly onto the OTA and if that is indeed the case where does your finder sit?

Should you have included a link to a specific focuser ?

Also the ED 100 Pro has a dual speed focuser fitted, and since it is a skywatcher scope I would have thought that it already had a Skywatcher Dual Speed focuser on it.

If you mean the Evostar 100 then it is a simple swap - three screws. However you should contact your supplier as I believe there are different adapter rings for certain scopes. My own version was for an Evostar 120 and that required no adapter, not sure about the 100 - so check first.

I used on of those to replace the stock R&P on an Evostar 150 a couple of years back. I could never get the darn thing to be really smooth to be honest - I actually preferred the R&P which I'd re-greased and had tuned up rather nicely.

I have a William Optics 2-speed on my ED120 currently which is better although still not as smooth as I'd really like. The Moonlite CF dual speed that I've just acquired (used) puts the others into perspective rather - although it's a lot more expensive :rolleyes: I did have to replace a bearing on it but it's quite a few years old so I can forgive it that.

From my experience I think I'd be tempted to go for something a little better than the Skywatcher unit.

Archived