Hello From Rochdale...

bjm38

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Well, the telescope collection mission to deepest darkest Yorkshire went smoothly enough, in spite of the longest motorway roadworks I've ever encountered. The chap I got the telescope from was really nice, though with my slightly-dodgy hearing I struggled to understand him sometimes. Think Keith Richards, covered in tattoos, with the thickest Yorkshire accent ever, and you'll have a fairly close mental image! :)

The telescope is absolutely immaculate without a single blemish on it. I think first order of the day will be a Barlow lens and moon filter...

Bernard

Hi Bernard and welcome to SGL, I'm just up the road from you too!

Your intro got me wondering....I keep my 'scopes in the shed (which is dry, no leaks - except by the inside of the door as I learnt to my cost when the outer plywood layer of the OTA's birch case started lifting off at the corner where it's comb-jointed- aaargh! But no damp got inside luckily) but will this eventually become a problem for my mirrors due to temperature changes, changes in relative humidity etc?

Hi Bernard, welcome to SGL! The new scope sounds great - I really like the look of those Skywatcher dobs and they seem to have a good reputation. 10" of aperture is an impressive way to rekindle your interest in astronomy!!

Hi Bernard, I live in Sowerby Bridge, but originally from Todmorden, good to see you on here, only been a member a few months or there abouts and you will find it fantastic, with many great minds in the field of astronomy and such

Hello from Halifax.

There seems to be a bit of a concentation of us around these parts. There is the Hebden Bridge Astronomical Society. They are on sabbatical during the summer, but re-convene in September. I'll be joining then.

Archived