Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 - Ha: OIII: OIII

Spikey

As I've only managed to get out for one night in this recent spell of clearness I've taken to re-processing M27 in a different palette. Re-processed in Ha: OIII: OIII; ED80 + FR; 7x1200 Ha, 3x1200 OIII.

Couldn't get the outer shell to show and had to throw away 4 of the OIII subs because it was too light.

Cropped to show the detail :(

picture.php?albumid=1509&pictureid=17626

Looks good to me Spikey :(. I shall no doubt be revisiting a lot of old faithfuls such as M27 when my 314L+ arrives:).

Can I ask how you mount your camera/fw to your SW focal reducer?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk, so please excuse the speeling and granma! :(

:(

I use an adaptor that drops down from the M48 to the T thread on the front of the SX FW. Cost me £20 odd quid from Teleskop Express in Germany :(

No way it was all going to fit together otherwise and I wanted the FR on there just to give that little bit more so it had to be done.

Very good Spiky can you tone down those red stars though?

The stars are actually Ha signal Mark and Ha is making up the red channel in the RGB. I'll try a version with de-saturated stars just for you mate :(

Looks good to me Spikey :(. I shall no doubt be revisiting a lot of old faithfuls such as M27 when my 314L+ arrives:).

Probably using one of these. Adds 3.5mm into the imaging train.

I used to use one (for my SW 120 reducer), before I got hold of an M48 faceplate for my SX filterwheel direct from Starlight Xpress.

I used to use one (for my SW 120 reducer), before I got hold of an M48 faceplate for my SX filterwheel direct from Starlight Xpress.

Thats the one !

How much did you pay for the M48 faceplate ?

Nothing!

I asked about one, was told that they made them, but I couldn't find a distributor that listed it on their website.

I suspect that as I was buying a new SXVR-H694, OAG and Lodestar, SX sent me one directly the following day.

Yep, that's the one I was looking at. I emailed Bern at MA last night, and he apparently has some in stock for £19 so I shall be ordering one today :(

Nothing!

I asked about one, was told that they made them, but I couldn't find a distributor that listed it on their website.

I suspect that as I was buying a new SXVR-H694, OAG and Lodestar, SX sent me one directly the following day.

Nicely done - I should hope so as well :(

I was quoted a silly price for the faceplate so I went elsewhere.

Archived