Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way: Three Panel Mosaic

The area between Sagittarius and Scorpius is littered with bright and dark nebulae, open and globular star clusters and festooned with star clouds.

Detailed mosaics such as these bring out the wonderous details of the region. This image is a little tighter than my previous image posted a few days ago in the Deep Sky Imaging Forum. I stepped up the focal length a bit for this one and went with the SMC 200mm f/4.

Three panels, each a 45 minute exposure with a Pentax 67 and SMC 200mm f/4 lens @ f/5.6 and Kodak E200 N+1.5.

A much larger version here:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/7283407160_9f5640323a_k.jpg

7283407160_fb4a9d1485_b.jpg

Milky Way: Three Panel Panorama by Nightfly Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

I looked at this the other night got side tracked and forgot to post! Stunning image!!

Do you mind me asking why you still shoot film? Just curious.

I had to work with digital but always preferred film for personal stuff. :hello2:

I looked at this the other night got side tracked and forgot to post! Stunning image!!

Do you mind me asking why you still shoot film? Just curious.

I had to work with digital but always preferred film for personal stuff. :hello2:

The quality of the images is one reason I still shoot film. Good color film does not require the equivelant of a DSLR modification. I've been shooting astro with film for almost 30 years, I still have all my gear. I don't like having to keep up with technology as I cannot afford that game. I like the aesthetics of film, especially with B&W. I'm an individual and like to take a different approach to my work.

Some of my work is featured in galleries and provokes great discussions on the methods and outcomes in modern photography.

Oh yea, no noise, just grain, as tight as it is.

Those are the highlights.

Thank you for the kind remarks,

Jim

Fair play Jim.

It's funny how galleries still like film, I only did two exhibitions both shot on 5x4, 6x6 B+W and hand printed. When people found out that it was from film there was always a Wow response. :hello2:

Archived